Australian Consumer Law
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonable foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
The following express warranties are in addition to any other rights and remedies that you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
The rights and remedies you have against us as the Manufacturer are contained in sections 271 and 272 of the Australian Consumer Law.
SecureSafe Manufacturer’s Warranties
In addition to your legal rights under the Australian Consumer Law, SecureSafe supplies a manufacturer’s warranty on all its products. The limited warranties set out below are not transferable to subsequent purchasers or owners of our products and only apply to products purchased from retail outlet (including online stores).
General Limited Warranty
SecureSafe branded nursery, baby products, wheeled goods, spare parts and aftermarket accessories come with a 12 month warranty against faulty materials and manufacturing when used under normal conditions for a period of 12-months from date of purchase, except where an exemption applies. This warranty does not apply to blow-moulded child restraints.
Normal conditions is classified as the products intended consumer use.
It is important that you are only purchasing genuine aftermarket accessories & spare parts that are suitable and compatible for use with your SecureSafe product/s. It is recommended that you only purchase spare parts and accessories that match the model number provided on your product or on the products original instruction booklet, where applicable. Please contact our Customer Care Team, if you require assistance in identifying your product and/or compatible part.
Limited Warranty on Blow Moulded Child Restraints
For the blow-moulded child restraint models set out below, SecureSafe provides a warranty against faulty materials and manufacturing when used under normal conditions except where an exemption applies for the following periods:
- 12 month warranty for material and fabrics e.g. foam, covers, inserts
- 2 year warranty for straps and webbing e.g. harness straps, top tether strap
- 5 year warranty for hardware and fittings e.g. harness buckle
- 10 years on the manufacturing of the seat moulding i.e. the blow moulded seat shell
The above timeframes commence at the date of purchase.
The following model numbers represent the blow moulded child restraints that are covered by this additional warranty;
Regardless of the type of product in question – our warranties do not apply where the failure or defect results from:
- Improper or abnormal use, care, inadequate or complete lack of maintenance; or
- Incorrect installation or installation/misuse not in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions; or
- Damage caused by accidents or transportation (including airline or freight damage); or
- Normal wear and tear (including but not limited to abrasions, peeling, pilling/balling, pulling of threads etc.); or
- Punctures to wheels; or
- Damage caused by mould or foodstuffs (including liquids); or
- Fabric cuts and tears; or
- Damage caused by any type of bodily fluid or excrement; or
- Damage caused by harsh detergents/abrasive cleaners or exposure to weather (including fading caused by sun-exposure), fire or other environmental conditions (including natural events).
In addition, our warranties does not apply to:
- missing or damaged parts on products purchased as ex-display stock; or
- where you purchased our product from third party retailers such as EBay, Gumtree, or garage sales or similar, or second-hand from another person; or
- goods used for rental, hire or other commercial purposes
- where you fail to provide proof of purchase and/or serial number/date of manufacturer (where applicable)
- Wheel tyres except on the occasion of clear manufacturing failure;
- Faults arising as a result of using aftermarket accessories or parts which are not supplied by SecureSafe
- Faults arising from a third party attempting to repair SecureSafe products, or from attempting to fit aftermarket accessories and spare parts that are incompatible with your SecureSafe product.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, SecureSafe excludes all liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property and any indirect consequential loss or damage caused by any faulty or defective product.
Warranty Coverage and Expenses
Subject to the limitations contained herein, SecureSafe will repair or replace a faulty or defective product. The decision whether to repair or replace a product is made by SecureSafe in its absolute discretion.
In the case a product is deemed un-repairable and a replacement product is to be provided, SecureSafe will endeavour but cannot guarantee that the replacement product will be the exact model or colour of the faulty/defective product. If an identical product is not available a model of similar quality, design, colour, features, accessories and price will be provided. Which product shall replace the faulty/defective item as at SecureSafe’s sole discretion.
Where a decision to repair a product is made, our warranty covers parts and labour required to repair our product, but only where the repair is made by at an authorised SecureSafe repair facility. In some cases a replacement part may be able to be sent directly to you to resolve the claim.
In the case of a successful warranty claim, our warranty covers all associated freight costs within Australian and New Zealand but only to or from an authorised SecureSafe inspection and repair facility. If you are located outside these countries, you will be solely responsible for all freight costs.
In the event the product is deemed a non-warranty defect, you may be liable for freight to and from SecureSafe or the specified repairer, parts and/or repair costs. However, you may opt for SecureSafe to repair the product, in which case, we will provide a quote of costs and seek approval from you before proceeding with a non-warranty repair or product service. You will need to pay such costs before the product is returned to you.
Where a product is replaced under warranty, the faulty/defective product (and its parts) becomes the property of SecureSafe upon delivery of the replacement.
Making a Warranty Claim
To make a warranty claim, complete our online warranty form http://infasecure.com.au/warranty-claims/
Once you have completed the form, you will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org containing a service ticket number unique to your claim.
You can also contact our Customer Care Consultants on 1300 924 632 (international +61 2 4728 8090) or by email at email@example.com if you have any questions about making a warranty claim.
Information You Must Provide When Making a Warranty Claim
Regardless of the type of product in question, when making a warranty claim, you MUST provide the following information:
- Your contact details, i.e. full name, address and preferred contact number.
- Information regarding the product*:
- Model name and code
- Date of manufacture
- Clear image of proof of purchase (see further below)
- Description of fault/defect.
- Clear Image of area of fault/defect and also of entire product.
* Our customer care team can help you to locate the information required.
In addition to the above information, where the claim relates to a blow-moulded child restraint, you will also need to provide:
- Date of Manufacture.
- SAI Global/Batch Number.
This is normally located on a white or silver sticker attached to the back of plastic shell of the seat. Information regarding the locations can be found by clicking the following links, for Date of Manufacture , for SAI Global Serial Number.
Proof of Purchase
For all warranty claims, in order for your claim to be processed you must provide SecureSafe with a copy of the proof of purchase for the claimed item. Proof of purchase is deemed as an original retailer purchase receipt, tax invoice or bank statement. Proof of purchase must show:
- the name of the product purchased;
- the place of purchase;
- date of purchase;
- cost/ price paid
- in one clear readable image.
What happens after you lodge a warranty claim
If warranty claim can be approved from the images supplied, you may be asked:
to return the product to the place of purchase for replacement or repair; or
to send the product to our authorised repair centre.
Alternatively, we may simply send you a replacement part.
If warranty claim cannot be approved from the images supplied, or we need to physically inspect the product, you may be asked to return the product to the place of purchase. Alternatively we may arrange a direct collection from yourself, if available depending on your location.
Where you are asked to return the product to the store, you will need to return the product with the proof of purchase and your service ticket number, within a reasonable time after the return has been approved. SecureSafe may choose to revoke your approval for return, if you do not return your product within a reasonable time frame.
After inspection an SecureSafe Customer Care Consultant will contact you and advise whether the product is covered by warranty and will discuss with you what will happen next.
SecureSafe replacement parts are thoroughly inspected by our Quality Assurance department for product quality, defects and faults.
Our parts are covered against faulty materials and manufacturing when used under normal conditions.
If a part develops a fault within 12months of purchase due to manufacturing issues, we will replace the part.
PART WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS
The above express warranty does not apply where a failure or defect results from;
- Improper care, inadequate or complete lack of maintenance
- Incorrect installation or installation/misuse not in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions or from normal wear and tear.
- Damage caused by harsh detergents/abrasive cleaners or exposure to weather
- Using the incorrect part for the product
Parts purchased from third party retailers such as eBay, Gumtree, or garage sales etc. are not covered by our warranty. We do not sell replacement parts through an third party suppliers.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, SecureSafe excludes all liability for damage or injury to any person, damage to any property and any indirect consequential loss or damage.
Please contact our Customer Care Department, 02 4728 8090 or firstname.lastname@example.org, if your part develops a fault.
Please see the Refunds and Returns page for more details.